Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Congratulations, It's A Blog!

Coming up with a blog name is no easy feat, if say you're an overly anxious sort who wants to make sure the name manages to pack into it's small frame everything you want your new blog to stand for. Poor little name, that's quite a bit to expect from a few short words. every cutesy or humorous attempt was thrown out for being, errr, too cutsey or humourous. Every high flying noble sort of name failed the taking myself too seriously test. Every good old, country, old fashioned name just came out hokey. It wasn't until I got kinda grumpy and started wondering what the heck I was even bothering with it for that it became clear.

Worth The Effort.

It's what I have to believe with all my heart that homesteading and farming is. It's what many people don't think my plans are. It's what the powers that be don't want us to think about when it comes to running our own lives. Most importantly to me, it's what I chant under my breath when my back aches and I'm tired and my stomach hurts, when I wanna eat right now and don't wanna wait the time it takes me to cook a real meal, when I just wanna sit in front of the tv instead of put in the hours of practice to make my own entertainment.

Because when I can say I did this myself, I'm responsible, I helped, it's all gonna be worth the effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment